Cardio Tennis is a high-energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie-burning aerobic workout. It is a very social and fun class for players of all levels taught by a Southampton Tennis Club instructor. If you’ve never played tennis before, it’s a great way to be introduced to the sport. And if you are an experienced high-level tennis player, it’s the best way to train for tennis. Regardless of ability or fitness level, our instructors will provide the ultimate workout for each person.
Time: Thursday nights from 6PM-7PM
Location: Beach Courts
Cost: $4 for members; $10 for non-members
No reservation required. Just show up at the Beach courts and get ready to work!
How It Works:
- Anyone can participate
- Most classes have mixed ability
- An STC instructor will feed you balls based on your ability and fitness level
- Each session includes three phases: warm-up, cardio workout, and cool-down resulting in “Heart Pumping Fitness”
- It’s fun, you get fit and you improve your tennis skills
- Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone
- You can burn more calories than singles or doubles tennis
- You get short cycles of high intensity workout and periods of rest, almost like interval training
- While you are playing tennis, the focus is primarily on getting a great workout