(As of August 8, 2020)
If you would like to receive regular updates through our club newsletter, please register for The Sweet Spot on the right-hand side of this page.
CUPS DAY – ON SCHEDULE
Cups Day will be going ahead this summer with a new format – Cups Week! All final matches will be played over the course of one week (August 22 – 29). Instead of an awards ceremony, trophies will be presented immediately following each match.
ROUND ROBINS – WEEK OF AUGUST 9th
Round robins are available to members only. To sign up, call (519)797-2445 or visit the beach clubhouse.
Adult round robin:
- Wednesday, August 12 at 6PM at the Warder courts
- A maximum of 32 players
- Bring your own balls
Junior round robin:
- Tuesday, August 11 at 6PM at the beach courts
- For kids 10-15 years of age
- A maximum of 32 players
- Balls will be provided
FALL TENNIS – NOW A POSSIBILITY
If the province remains in Stage 3 after Labour Day, we’ll be able to leave our nets up for everyone to enjoy some fall tennis.
AVAILABLE ACTIVITIES – SINGLES, DOUBLES & PRIVATE LESSONS
This summer, we’re open for singles and doubles play, as well as private lessons. Most group activities have been cancelled (see details below). As part of the Stage 2 reopening, doubles play has been expanded to include players of different households but social distancing guidelines need to be followed. Please review the OTA’s guidelines for safe doubles play.
WAIVER & DECLARATION – REQUIRED FOR ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS
All members and guests must sign our comprehensive waiver and declaration form below:
- Each member and guest 18 years of age and older as of June 27, 2020 needs to complete and submit this waiver
- Parents/guardians must sign for children who are 17 years of age and younger as of June 27, 2020
- Members and guests only need to submit the waiver once for the entire season
- Your shoe and member tags will only be provided once you sign the waiver
Please read the waiver prior to purchase so you’re comfortable with the terms. We will not be issuing refunds if you pay your membership but decline the waiver.
GROUP PROGRAMMING – MOST GROUP ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED
Because we’re not able to adhere to the social distancing requirements as well as the tennis ball protocols mandated by the government and public health, the following group activities have been cancelled for 2020:
- all group lessons
- all drop-in programs
- all tournaments
- cardio tennis
- all social events including Junior Executive activities
We have prepared our procedures for a safe return to tennis as well as our new clubhouse procedures. Please read them carefully because they cover everything from programming changes to new playing procedures.