- All final matches will be played during Cups Week (Sunday, August 22 – Saturday, August 28.) The Cups committee will set the date, time and location for all final matches.
- Adults must be available to play for the two full weekends preceding Cups Week to be eligible to sign-up for any event. If you sign up and can’t play by the posted “play by” date, matches will be defaulted.
- Juniors must be available to play during the two full weeks prior to Cups Week to be eligible to sign-up in any event. If you sign up and can’t play by the posted “play by” date, matches will be defaulted.
- All competitors must be available to play Cups Week. If one opponent is not available to play their match, the match will be defaulted. If both opponents are not available to play, the match will be recorded as “not played” for that year.
- If you can’t meet the criteria in Rules 2, 3 and 4, please do not sign up.
- All competitors must have memberships for the month of August or the entire season (July & August). You must also sign the Waiver & Declaration.
- All players must follow the age requirements for each Cups Day category.
- Players may play in several events. The allowable total for adults and juniors is five, but there are limits on what events may be combined. Players may enter:
- Only one singles event
- Only one doubles event
- Only one mixed doubles event
- Only one parent/child event
- Both spouse/spouse AND mixed doubles events, only if the spouse is NOT the mixed doubles partner
- For all adult categories, a minimum of four players/teams are required in order for the category to be played.
- All entrants (including juniors) are responsible for contacting opponents and arranging match dates, times and locations. Contact information is listed on each draw sheet. Only the Cups Week finals are arranged by the club.
- Each match must be played before the “play by” date.
- Winners are responsible for notifying the beach clubhouse of the score immediately following every match within their draw(s).
- All matches must be played by Saturday, August 21.
- Players are not permitted to delay play until the Thursday or Friday of Cups Week. These two days are reserved as rain dates for matches that were rained out on the “play by” date.
- A 15-minute warm-up is permitted for each match.
- Courts that have a scheduled permanent booking take priority over Cups Week matches.
- Players will use their own balls for all matches. Please refer to the ball exchange below
- All trophies will be presented at the beach clubhouse immediately following each Cups Week match so pictures may be taken with all players. Once pictures have been taken, all trophies will be kept by the club so that arrangements can be made to have them engraved before the start of the following summer.
Pro 8 set:
The first player/team to win eight games with at least a two-game margin wins the match. If the score is 8-7, the match can be won at 9-7. If the score reaches 8-8, a 12-point tie-breaker should be played. During the tie-breaker, teams switch sides after every six points. The first player/team to win seven points with at least a two point margin wins the match.
2 out of 3 sets:
The first player/team to win two sets wins the match. If each player/team wins a set, a third and deciding set is played. If any set reaches a score of six games each, a 12-point tie-breaker should be played. During the tie-breaker, teams switch sides after every six points. The first player/team to win seven points with at least a two point margin wins the match. After a tie-breaker has determined a set, ends of the court are changed. The player/team that served first in the tie-breaker starts receiving the next set.
A reminder about our Cups Day custom where players usually exchange balls during each match. This ensures the winners will always have new balls for their next match. Here’s how it works:
- If Team A opens a new can for the match and wins, Team B should give Team A a new can of balls to replace the used balls, and Team B takes the used balls.
- If Team A opens a new can but loses the match, no balls are exchanged.